Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

it'll all be ok, if not always good.

New blog entry:
A stranger called "schizophrenia"

Excerpt:
I tried a hundred ways to fit the poem below into the entry I’ll post tomorrow. A hundred different times, it felt forced.

I thus decided to post it as a standalone–a preface, if you will, to tomorrow’s entry, which was inspired by Sonya Sones's Stop Pretending: What Happened When My Big Sister Went Crazy.

Unlike Sones, I’m not a poet. Like Sones, I know the heartbreak of looking into the eyes of someone I love and seeing a stranger. The poem below might not be the most epic or awesome ever written, but it does capture–with painful clarity–exactly how I felt when I looked into my mom’s eyes and saw something else altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment