Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Suicide

A month ago, I wrote about my long journey with depression: Depression, imma kick you in the junk.

This morning, my friend John–who long volunteered at a suicide hotline, and who urged me to start a WordPress blog–posted about a coworker who committed suicide. I wanted to share his important words here:

If anybody reading this is ever feeling [suicidal], PLEASE call 1-800-SUICIDE / 1-800-784-2433 or 1-800-273-TALK / 1-800-273-8255 (or just get in touch with me). You are loved, and you would be missed.

I stand by what I said last month: “You may not know it, or feel it right now, but you, too, have made someone’s life better through your presence in it.”

Please, please, make the call. If you can’t find the right words for a phone call, please don’t waste time trying to find them. Send someone you love this link with the subject, “Help.”

It’s such a hard word to say, but it’s harder still to suffer in silence.

You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment