Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'll love you more if you blog.

Dear sister,

OK, so the title’s a lie. You know I love you times infinity.

Still, as your big sister, I feel compelled to share with you some actual benefits of blogging as an author. This is because:

(1) You are about to finish writing your first novel, handily meeting the “author” requirement,

(2) I still know better than you* and can’t let you forget it, and

(3) I am just that helpful.

The list that follows is by no means comprehensive, but that’s only because there’s not enough time to share all my expertise. Also, my fingers would get really tired from typing that much.

In descending order of importance, these are the reasons you should start your very own blog:

(1) Because I said so.

Don't make the unicorns cry. Photo by Mackenzie Kincaid

(2) Chipmunks told my friend Julie that the unicorns will cry if you don’t start a blog.

(3) Your words consistently move me; blogging will enable those words to reach the hearts of many others. You’ll do some of this by your book**, but blogging will allow you to express different facets of yourself.

[ read more ]

No comments:

Post a Comment