Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Oh, sweet milestones!

Ba.D. and I have tried making it a point not to swear in front of our son. This was so even before he started parroting the last word of almost everything we said.

Till this morning, I've been so, so very good.

This morning, I continued my "Tattoo" listening marathon. It's the last song on Driving Disc #5, so after it played, my CD player rolled to the first song on the disc. This song just so happens to be Paul and Storm's "If Aaron Neville Were Waiting for a Parking Spot At the Mall But Someone Else Snagged It" (off the album "Gumbo Pants").

It's such a fabulous impersonation of Aaron Neville, I forgot it could be anything but G-rated. I crooned along with a smile on my face as I sang every word of the song. Including the last one.

I didn't even notice what I'd done till my son cheerfully proclaimed, "Fucker!" He waved his little green trident around emphatically and grinned at me when I cried, "Noooooooooo!"

Oh, vigilance. Why can't you be like a vacuum and just have a simple on/off switch?

1 comment:

  1. This is too funny! I've had very similar experiences and have always been thankful that they haven't happened in public...yet.

    ReplyDelete