Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Road rage takes a spill! (or: “How parenting is making me a better driver”)

New blog entry:
Road rage on ice

Excerpt:

Swearing is good for you.

OK, that might be a bit of an oversimplification, but it’s true that swearing may sometimes be beneficial (Why Swearing Helps Ease Pain: Benefits of Curse Words – TIME).

Does this mean I’m ready to send my toddler to pirate school? Nope. Am I going to teach him my favorite pain-relieving curse words? Also nope. That’s because, unlike most adults, he’s a ways out from knowing when it’s OK to drop the F-bomb and when it’s going to earn him (or his mom!) a scolding.

As you know if you read this entry, I’ve inadvertently dropped the F-bomb in my son’s presence. Li’l D latched on to it and repeated it the same enthusiastic way he’d exclaim, “Puppy!”

After that, I knew it was time to start really watching what comes out of my mouth. That’s easy when I’m not driving. I just don’t curse. But when I’m driving?

The face of road rage

Did you see that donkey-!@#!@#?! Or that DOUCHEBAGAMUS EXTREMUS?! And look at that foo–yo, you need to drive with your ass on the seat, not at the steering wheel!

I may step into the car all smiles, but my very vocal dark side takes over the instant I turn the car key. (My significant other, Ba.D., has asked me if I’m Italian. I don’t believe so.)


2 comments:

  1. OK A - I love the pic!! B - LOL I've let a few slip myself. C - just goes to show swearing can sometimes be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D

    After Ba.D. got home yesterday, he asked, "Who's that in the picture?"

    "That'd be me!"

    "No. No! You look so . . . scary!"

    "That's the point, hon." *giggle*

    ReplyDelete