Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TMD! All free-like!

My, how things change over the course of ten weeks!

I released The Monster’s Daughter in late January of this year. I’d run it through beta readers for their invaluable feedback and spell checked it a dozen times. I’d read through it myself even more times—so many times, in fact, that I wanted to banish Ginny, Montana and vampires from my brain forever. If only doing so were as (comparatively) easy as demolishing vampires!

When I published it then, I swore I was done. I wasn’t going to touch another semi-colon or sentence again. I totally meant it, too, and I did a great job sticking to my guns for roughly 24 hours. In what feels like the eternity since I decided those pop-cap guns weren’t worth sticking to, the book’s gone through an editor and a copy editor. I’ve made some small but significant revisions. I’ve had the book formatted to look like one you’d find in a library because it actually belongs there.

Now I can also say I’ve rejoiced in holding that truly final, truly beautiful book in my hands. The Monster’s Daughterwon’t be for everyone, but I’ve heard enough praise from readers to know that it will definitely be for some.

If you’ve read a sample and think The Monster’s Daughter might be your kind of book, today’s your day! Let me know in comment that you’re interested in getting The Monster’s Daughter as a free ebook. If you do so by noon tomorrow PDT and you’re one of the first 25 requestors* (between WordPress and Blogger), I’ll send you a Smashwords coupon redeemable on April 7, 2011 PDT. If your comment doesn’t fit both those criteria, fear not! I’ll likely give away a couple of print copies in the near future.

Also, the creepy infomercial guy waving to you from over my shoulder wants to remind you the ebook is only $2.99 most places ebooks are available. Even if you didn’t get a free copy, that’s just 299 pennies more than free!

If you’ve just heard about The Monster’s Daughter or if you’ve been cheering me on since 2004, I want to thank you so much for sharing this ride with me! It’s truly the company that’s made it a ride worth taking.

* I’m giggling as I write this, because (a) I can’t for the life of me imagine 25 “requestors” and (b) using the word “requestors” makes me feel like my contracts career has taken over my entire brainpan!

No comments:

Post a Comment