Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A little bit about (me &) Ba.D.

New blog entry:

Excerpt:

You broke up with me
and you suck
I’m moving
but I’m hurting

– Tune in the style of Dashboard Confessional, a la Ba.D. 4/1/04

When I met Ba.D. (“Baby Daddy”) on April 1, 2004, I was six weeks from graduating law school and moving to Japan. I kept stopping our conversation to write on napkins the many things he said that make me laugh.

The next day, I summed up my impressions as follows:

[Ba.D.] may have been wearing a morbid tie, but that was the only thing morbid about him.

When I wrote that assessment, I had no way of knowing its subject would five years–to the day–later announce his very real impending fatherhood. To my motherhood. On April Fool’s Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment