Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

icouldprocrastinatebutidonwannamustgetitdonenow


I wouldn't be in such a hurry to plow through this to-do list!

A few days ago, I was approached by Sue about writing an August guest entry for her blog. After exchanging a few emails narrowing down the topic, I had the entry to her within three days of first approach.

Some hours later, I breathed a sigh of relief to tweet the following: Submitted my first guest blog today! Pleased to have it deemed “beautiful” instead of “an affront to my eyeballs” by @SJM_CookiesMom #myWANA

The timeline of this guest entry gave me an opportunity to reflect on my experiences as a mostly retired procrastinator.

It all began to change some twenty-score and seven years ago. (Shh, don’t interrupt me with details like the fact I’m only 32!)

I was a young whippersnapper on the verge of graduating college when I handed Professor F my term paper, which he puzzled over for several seconds.

“It’s my term paper,” I explained helpfully.

“It’s not due for another three weeks, Deborah.”

“I did ask if I could turn it in early.”

[ read more ]



No comments:

Post a Comment