Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 31, 2011

For this I am thankful: guest blogging & playground trips, to start!

Both my sisters are pregnant. This isn’t news, given that they’ve got virtually one full pregnancy between them now. What’s news here is that my first guest post ever (a) was prompted by reflections on my sisters’ impending maternity and (b) goes up at Cookie’s Chronicles early Tuesday morning.

I’d like to say I’m not checking the clock every three minutes and wondering, “Are we there yet?” Icould say it, too, if I knew it wouldn’t be an outright lie.

You see, sometimes I post things like Dead Moms Can’t Care and wonder, “What if this is the only TMiYC entry someone ever reads? What if they don’t see the giggly side of me, too?” Then other times I post things like Boba the instigator, Pooh the folk singer & Chris the contestant and fret, “What if this is the only TMiYC entry someone ever reads? What if they don’t see my introspective side, too?” (My life is clearly full of very grave concerns these days!)

My guest blog entry, “Mother, Child, Mother,” merges the two in a way that feels like it’s actually reflecting my entire soul. In one place. So I’m excited for that.

[ read more ]


No comments:

Post a Comment