Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

For YOU I am thankful

If you saw me at work, you might find yourself at a loss for words. Sure, I strive to be upbeat and easy to approach even at the office, but there are times in contract negotiation and administration that I’ve got to hide these traits in places where the sun daren’t shine.

Aspects of my professional life bleed into my personal life. For example, I’ve taken to heart the adage that one must hope for the best but expect the worst. This kind of thinking makes it easier to respond to trying turns of event. If you’ve anticipated something bad might happen, it’s much easier to address when it actually does!

Outside the office, this kind of thinking makes for the kind of self-dialogue reflected below:

What if all the “for this i am thankful” entries end up being reflections on the cuteness of bunnies and puppies? I mean, those things are pretty sweet, but there’s a limit to how much people want to read about ‘em when they could go out and pet a bunny themselves!

I didn’t actually expect a dozen essays on fluffy bunnies, but preparing myself for the possibility made it all the more exciting when I got the first one and went, “Hot damn! Not a bunny in sight!”

I’ve received another eleven entries since then. If there’s been any reference to bunnies, it’s been so fleeting only Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s bunny-fearing Anya would have caught it.

[ read more ]

No comments:

Post a Comment