Total Pageviews

Monday, May 23, 2011

Accountability, activate!

New blog entry:
Trying to do the healthy thing

Excerpt:
Let me tell you a little story about accountability.

Once upon a time, there was a girl named Deborah. That girl had some stomach problems that she didn’t realize were problems, until her fairy godmother stepped in and said: “Deborah, you have ulcers. We’re going to kill off this ulcer-giving bacteria and help you keep the reflux it’s caused in check! We’ll do this with a wave of my magic wand!”

OK, so that girl was me. The “fairy godmother” was really my doctor. The magic wand? A prescription pad. Same idea.

Like many fairy godmothers, my doctor’s magic came with caveats: There are still some things you must do to ensure this magic keeps working!

I heeded her advice fervently, for at least 33 hours. I’m nothing if not a willpower machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment