Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Reading While Walking

New blog entry:
Readwalking: art, science, madness?

Excerpt:

If you’ve ever seen someone reading while walking (“readwalking”), you might’ve made any number of reasonable assumptions:

  • They’re reading a really good book
  • They’re probably lacking a little in safety consciousness
  • They spend a lot of time walking every day and have realized that reading while walking maximizes their reading time
  • They spend a lot of time taking care of day-to-day life and realized that reading while walking (the dog) maximizes their reading time

Most of the folks who’ve approached me about my readwalking habit have assumed there’s a direct correlation between the awesomeness of a book and my readwalking: “Wow, that must be a fantabulous book!” Numerous times in my youth, I’d smile and reply, “No, this book is actually pretty awful. I hope the next one’s better!” Then I’d bury my nose in my book and continue on my merry way.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! See? That's the kind of post I love. :D Nowadays they have audio books to increase safety in readwalkers. He he he.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *grin* I'm glad you loved it! It actually ended up being Freshly Pressed on WordPress, which means that my customary 100ish hits daily became 2,500 hits yesterday. This reminds me, I should post that follow-up here!

    Ba.D. is trying to get me to give audiobooks a shot. I should probably give it a shot, since that's indubitably safer :D

    ReplyDelete