Total Pageviews

Monday, May 2, 2011

The lightness of remembering well

New blog entry:
Remembering Mom

Excerpt:
Yesterday, my sister Rachael and brother-in-law Nick ran a marathon in our mom’s memory. Today, I meant to tell you all about how I spent yesterday morning compulsively checking my phone for text messages from my youngest sister, Madeline.

I’ve since read Rachael’s response to the question, “How’d it feel?”

Plans have changed. I will simply state that I am so proud, and leave you with Rache’s beautiful words on pushing through the pain toward the lightness of remembering well:


2 comments:

  1. I have to hand it to those who can run a marathon. I wish I had it in me. I think it's especially wonderful to have them do it in your mother's memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is great. congrats to your sister! I can't even run half a mile without dying, I am in awe of people who can run marathons... especially those for great causes

    ReplyDelete