Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trojan v. dawsaur

New blog entry:
DAWSAURS RULE!

Excerpt:

Extraordinary circumstances call for extraordinary measures. And if driving onto enemy territory to attend a book fair isn’t an “extraordinary measure,” I don’t know what is.

I shook my fist and cursed the heavens when the L.A. Times announced it was moving its annual festival of books to the University of Southern California. What have we done to deserve this?

What's even better than bookshelves? Booktubs!

After much teeth-gnashing, I admitted I’d probably end up going to the Festival of Books anyway. I reasoned there might be good Trojans who’d braved the UCLA campus for the event in previous years. If those hypothetical “good Trojans” could do it, I could do it, especially since it involved books. My son, Li’l D, already loves his books, but I want to do anything I can to strengthen this love.

Thus it was that on Saturday, I met up with Li’l D’s aunties Sarah and T on USC’s campus. The aunties spent several minutes racing around after my little sprinter, following which T swept him up onto her shoulders and graciously accepted his attempts to eat her braids. (We could have avoided this by putting him in a stroller, if only I’d actually remembered to bring one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment