Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Buffy and Scrubs, MMA-style

New blog entry:
We know which would win, but which would I root for?

Excerpt:

If Scrubs and Buffy the Vampire Slayer were contenders in an MMA championship, which show would I root for?

Trick question! I’d actually try coaxing them to going ice skating together instead.

But wait. They’re still so willful, they enter the arena anyway.

What do I do?

If you’ve read this entry, you know I’m a longtime Joss Whedon fan. Law school was basically an extended excuse for me to be an extra on Buffy (and Angel, and Firefly). Indeed, one of the most magical moments of my life so far involved me standing on Sunnydale’s Christmas-bedecked main street one November evening in 2004.

I closed my eyes to the warm breeze and thought, I am really here. Would my childhood self have ever believed she’d not only survive, but someday make it to UCLA’s School of Law? That she’d get to be some small part of something that would by then have brought her so much comfort through hard times?

Clearly, then, if I had to choose one show to reign, it’d be Buffy. Right?

I’ll never tell!

I kid, I kid. What I meant to say was, I won’t tell you yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment