Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Freshly Pressed

New blog entry:
VICTORY!

Normally I'd jump straight to the excerpt (which is a middle section), but I should also note here what it means to be "Freshly Pressed." Every weekday, WordPress selects a handful of entries for publication on its main page. My last entry, "Reading While Walking," was Freshly Pressed, which led to a huge surge in vistitors!

Excerpt:

Back in the apartment, I went straight to Sancho the Second, my trusty iMac. I checked my blog’s site stats page. “How the heck do I have 87 hits already?” I mused. “Wait . . . could it be . . . ?!”

I was in the middle of waiting for wordpress.com to load when I got a comment congratulating me on being Freshly Pressed.

Hellz yes!” I shouted. I ran back to the bedroom, where Ba.D. was reading to Li’l D.

“Can I get a high five?! No, wait! I need a high ten!”

Ba.D. assented, then gave me another high ten when one proved unsatisfactory. “What the heck am I giving you ten for?”

I wasn’t ready to answer yet. I ran around the bedroom whooping and hollering, which led even my feverish son to giggle and shriek with delight.

After I’d mostly gotten it out of my system, I went back to the living room, calling back to Ba.D. an explanation of what it meant to be Freshly Pressed. “Congrats!” he hollered at me while our son continued to giggle at his crazy mom’s antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment